Welcome to the Emo Public Library
Spring Fever Days Book Sale!
April 21, 22, 23, 2016
Story Time - Tuesdays at 10:30am
The Emo Public Library is located on front street (just east of Queen Street) in downtown Emo.
Emo Public Library
Librarian: Kathy Leek
Be sure to check out all the following links, for library information. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact Kathy Leek at the information below!
|Click for G1 Practice Test|
First Library in Emo was at Mrs. Corliss' home.
Books were moved to Mrs. Bainbridges. Books again moved until 1926 to Mrs. Gill Wilcox' boarding house
Books were housed in in Mrs. Sandersons home.
The earliest minute book found, books are at the home of the Librarian Mrs. Grace Pelletier. In Sept. 1940, books were moved to the old brick schoolhouse to the teachers room.
The library housed 1,000 books and a membership of 108.
February 1954 to 1968
A 8x12 building was purchased and moved to King Street.
Emo Council passed a by-law to establish a Public Library in accordance to the Public Libraries Act.
Local Kinsmen with the aid of a government centennial grant opened a new library at its present site.
A new addition was added.